Other Sports - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:29 - 0 Comments
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR driver Brian Vickers is responding positively to treatment for blood clots in his legs and near his lungs.
Red Bull Racing says the 26-year-old is “progressing well” after being hospitalized in Washington last week. Vickers has been meeting with specialists and his physician since returning to Charlotte.
Vickers is still undergoing evaluation. Red Bull says Vickers remains in good spirits, though his return to racing is uncertain.
Vickers and Red Bull Racing general manager Jay Frye will address the situation Friday at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Casey Mears served as Vickers’ replacement in last weekend’s race at Dover, finishing 22nd.
Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
- Lookin At Lucky wins Preakness, Super Saver fades
- Woods says he has inflammation of neck joint
- UFC star Tito Ortiz arrested in Huntington Beach
- Tiger Woods enters 2 more tournaments
- Police: Boxer Valero suspected of killing wife
- Glamour boy Beckham to miss World Cup after injury
- Woods likely to return at Masters
Most Popular Content
- Ex-Texas football star, fiancee ready for wedding
- Dolphins’ Patrick Cobbs focused on getting his knee and head right
- Bears cornerback Corey Graham coming up fast
- 4 NFL coaches visit troops in Afghanistan
- Brees’ new memoir not just about winning
- Carroll constantly ‘on’ in 1st Seattle offseason
- Long HRs, 21-game hit streak for patient Hamilton
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Tiger of old threatens to make Open appearance
- Saints celebrate title again with ring ceremony
- Jackson heads into Game 7 facing uncertain future
- not sure if he'll be used as much as he was before the injury TBH...
- As long as he continues NOT to rock the boat, I'm all for him on the Texans...
- A friend of mine just emailed me one of your articles from a while back. I read...
- LeBron should go LA ... and play with the Clippers! He'd be as marketable in Ti...
- i was hoping he would just keep his mouth shut -- like Clemens, the more he talk...
- Wow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good article...
- This time is one moment for to find good things, how your site, that to bring gr...
- It'll be good to see some new strategy on the Bulls. I think they really have mo...