MLB, News - Written by Blake on Saturday, April 17, 2010 19:30 - 0 Comments
Mets beat Cardinals 2-1 in 20 innings
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The Mets and Cardinals played the longest game in the majors in two years, with Jose Reyes’ sacrifice fly in the 20th inning the difference in New York’s 2-1 victory.
Jeff Francoeur also had a sacrifice fly for New York in the 19th inning, snapping a scoreless tie, but Yadier Molina singled in Albert Pujols in the bottom half.
Francisco Rodriguez (1-0) got the win despite blowing the save in the 19th and starter Mike Pelfrey finished for his first career save.
The game included 19 pitchers and lasted 6 hours, 53 minutes.
Utilityman Joe Mather (0-1) became the first position player to lose a game since shortstop Josh Wilson for the San Diego Padres in a 9-6 setback in 18 innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks last June
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- Ex-Texas football star, fiancee ready for wedding
- Dolphins’ Patrick Cobbs focused on getting his knee and head right
- Bears cornerback Corey Graham coming up fast
- 4 NFL coaches visit troops in Afghanistan
- Brees’ new memoir not just about winning
- Carroll constantly ‘on’ in 1st Seattle offseason
- Long HRs, 21-game hit streak for patient Hamilton
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Tiger of old threatens to make Open appearance
- Saints celebrate title again with ring ceremony
- Jackson heads into Game 7 facing uncertain future
- not sure if he'll be used as much as he was before the injury TBH...
- As long as he continues NOT to rock the boat, I'm all for him on the Texans...
- A friend of mine just emailed me one of your articles from a while back. I read...
- LeBron should go LA ... and play with the Clippers! He'd be as marketable in Ti...
- i was hoping he would just keep his mouth shut -- like Clemens, the more he talk...
- Wow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good article...
- This time is one moment for to find good things, how your site, that to bring gr...
- It'll be good to see some new strategy on the Bulls. I think they really have mo...