Posts Tagged ‘Hockey’
NHL, News - Monday, April 26, 2010 16:25 - 0 Comments
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — The energy is gone, so Jacques Lemaire is walking away from coaching.
Just four days after the New Jersey Devils were eliminated from the playoffs in the first round for the third straight year, the 64-year-old Lemaire made the surprising announcement Monday that he is retiring as a coach.
“It’s tough to leave what you like, but it’s a decision that I made,” he said.
Lemaire said he thought about retiring several times this season and that the loss to the Philadelphia Flyers in five games had nothing to do with his decision. He relayed it to Devils president Lou Lamoriello over the past 24 hours.
- Satan’s goal in 2nd OT gives Boston 3-2 win
- Ovechkin scores 2 goals, Capitals beat Canadiens
- Crosby’s 4 points lead Penguins over Senators
- Zetterberg scores 3 times, Red Wings even series
- Zubrus scores with 4:04 to go, Devils tie series
- Crosby stars as Pens beat Sens 2-1
- Ovechkin suspended for Capitals’ next 2 games
- Islanders captain Weight out for season
Most Popular Content
- Ex-Texas football star, fiancee ready for wedding
- Dolphins’ Patrick Cobbs focused on getting his knee and head right
- Bears cornerback Corey Graham coming up fast
- 4 NFL coaches visit troops in Afghanistan
- Brees’ new memoir not just about winning
- Carroll constantly ‘on’ in 1st Seattle offseason
- Long HRs, 21-game hit streak for patient Hamilton
- Upon further review, FIFA will study replay
- Tiger of old threatens to make Open appearance
- Saints celebrate title again with ring ceremony
- Jackson heads into Game 7 facing uncertain future
- not sure if he'll be used as much as he was before the injury TBH...
- As long as he continues NOT to rock the boat, I'm all for him on the Texans...
- A friend of mine just emailed me one of your articles from a while back. I read...
- LeBron should go LA ... and play with the Clippers! He'd be as marketable in Ti...
- i was hoping he would just keep his mouth shut -- like Clemens, the more he talk...
- Wow this is a great resource.. I’m enjoying it.. good article...
- This time is one moment for to find good things, how your site, that to bring gr...
- It'll be good to see some new strategy on the Bulls. I think they really have mo...